Thursday, May 22, 2008

La-la-la-la life goes full circle


Sometimes it's not what happens in times of contention but what happens later that tells the tale. A long, long, long, long time ago, I lost a friend re:bullshit. And since I was innocent of blame, I chose to walk away and never look back. Maybe not the best solution when a friend is involved, but it worked for the girl I was at the time...What can I say? I'm a Virgo. Fast forward to now, and the friend who once was now is reaching out to me. The Olive branch of choice being our shared love for books. So what do I do? If I could walk away from a friend for so many years, is it worth turning back now? And is it worth calling that person a friend? Are there enough words in any book to make up for what we never said back then?
It takes a thought to make a word/And it takes some words to make an action/And it takes some work to make it work/It takes some good to make it hurt/It takes some bad for satisfaction/Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful/Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle --Jason Mraz, Life is wonderful


No comments: