Thursday, January 8, 2009

Places to go...

Every now and again in this crazy city, I find some small thing to delight me. Recently, my friend D.G. invited me to a Wine Down Wednesday event at Urban Flats in Buckhead.

For 20 bucks and a bit of patience for refills, you can enjoy half glasses of select white and red wines, along with delicious flat bread pizzas and a chocolate fondue dessert from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. I’d done Urban Flats before, but somehow the energy was much nicer inside the city limits.

Fortunately, D.G. went early and secured us a bit of premium real estate on a cozy couch near the bar, providing us easy access to the sommelier for refills. I stuck with the sparkling Brut most of the night, holding on, I guess, to some last vestiges of New Year’s cheer. D’s fave was a mellow Chardonnay…and her friend J.E. was good with red. [I just realized how closely our wine choices matched our personalities…]

It’s a nice vibe. Just enough of a crowd to make things interesting. And, at 20 bucks, a real entertainment value. You can find me there on the cozy couch closest to the bar most Wednesdays from now on.

No comments: