Is anyone else having a hard time getting in the holiday spirit? Cause I am. I really am.
I'm not depressed or anything, I'm just having a hard time mustering up the energy to decorate for the holidays. I guess it's because I'm a singleton, and all I really need to get me going is the Jackson 5 Christmas on the jukebox. But I can't hang the Jackson's album cover up as holiday decor! Or can I?
See, I bought all of these ornaments last year in the clearance sales, and I remember being so proud of the tree I was imaging in my mind. Last year, I just knew that I would have my tree up the day after Thanksgiving.
And, yeah, Thanksgiving was 13 days ago.
The most I've done is pull the tub of ornaments out of the closet. And now it's just sitting in my living room mocking me. And did I mention I don't even have a tree? Last year, I just knew that I would go buy a live tree the day after Thanksgiving.
Let's all have silent prayer right now that I can get my tree put up soon so Santa can find his way to my house. I'll also leave the backdoor unlocked in case any of you feel a little elfish and want to come over and help me out.
And hey, if you do come, bring the Christmas tree with you, please.

1 comment:
LOL!! Girl, I am SO with you on this!
Post a Comment