After staring at FB Shemika for about three days, I packed away my shock and started looking for real, achievable solutions that fit my life and my acute lack of motivation.
By chance, I stumbled on http://www.daniel-fast.com. Okay, actually it wasn't by chance. I harassed one of my co-workers so thoroughly with that FB photo--"LOOK at this, just look at THIS"--that she suggested the site to me. I'm sure she did it for her own self preservation, but whatev...
Fasts, by their very nature, are contrary to my own nature. Denial, restriction, self control. I don't do those very well. FB gets what FB wants, and she orders bleu cheese on the side. At least she did until the aforementioned pic was posted.
The Daniel Fast seems to be a less-traditional take on physical well-being through spiritual exploration. For starters, I am allowed to eat during the day. With other fasts I researched, food is a no-fly zone from dawn to dusk. I just can't see myself setting my clock for the wee hours just to make sure i break my fast before sunrise. That was disaster waiting to happen. Daniel seems doable, though.
And so, Feb. 1, I committed to doing it with Daniel for at least seven days, and hopefully for a full 14. To hold myself accountable, I'll blog about fasting, cooking and just saying no to bleu cheese.
If, no WHEN, I make it to the end, I plan to celebrate V-Day with a nice piece of dark chocolate. I"ll deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment