Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Farewell to arms (and butts and hips and thighs)

Now that my armpits have returned to normal, I am on to obsessing over other parts of my body, specifically my hips, thighs and upper arms which have all somehow taken on a life of their own.

I’m not gonna beat myself up about it (or allow anyone else to do so), but I am going to wage war against the wideness like I’m the U.S. and my hips are N. Korea. (Or, would I rather be N. Korea, because they can probably win….?) Either way, it’s on! And by “on,” I mean the wideness is coming off.

I hereby declare that between now and some vague day in early Spring 2010, I will:

I can do this. I know I can.

The plan is already in full effect. I ran two very slow, very sweaty and very painful miles yesterday, but I felt great when it was all done. Except for the sweating part, but I guess that’s what N. Korea would call collateral damage.

I didn’t even care that two little barefoot babies streaked by me like 10 times with their ponytails just bouncing like running full speed was nothing to them. Or, that a size 2, geriatric grandmother with silver hair swooped past me, walking faster than I was running. Nope, none of that bothered me. Because I was out there, slowly but surely, one step at a time, running my way closer to bidding farewell to arms (and butts and hips and thighs).

3 comments:

Sunshine Abuwi said...

Good Luck!!!!

In addition to exercise what new foods are you introducing into your diet and what foods are you taking out?


Peace

KJ said...

Good for you!!! I'm on my journey as well! Gook luck to you!

KJ said...

P.S. I can't wait until my hair grows out long enough to rock the hairstyle in the second pic! That is FAB!