Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 8: Thankful and snug as a bug in a rug

Today, I am thankful for bargain-priced comforter sets and drapes and rugs and side tables.

Did y'all know it's fall? Yes, it really is. I'm just telling you so you won't be surprised like I was.

My bedroom still looks like summer. I have a white, fluffy comforter, cotton sheets, and breezy sheers that flutter with the ceiling fan.... The problem, like I mentioned earlier, is that fall came and brought all of it's chilly, shivery cousins with it.

I woke up chilly and shivery on Saturday and knew a shopping trip was in order.

I set off with  Life in Dishes on one of those nothing shopping trips we love so much. You know, it's when we need absolutely nothing that we find everything!

Well, I scored a new comforter set in rich fall colors of chocolate and pomegranate with hints of curry and sage. For those of you who are not as fancy as me, that means it's brown and red with a little bit of yellow and green. I also found a room-sized rug and two side tables (that I'm auditioning).

All for less than $200. Christmas came early.

Well, let me tell you, all of those goodies got me way too inspired. I ended up dismantling my sleigh bed, putting up a different frame and generally changing my whole life.

It's not quite done yet. I'm still auditioning things  but putting it all together really has energized me and I know where I'm gonna be spending most of my time this fall.

Here is a really bad BlackBerry pic of a rug contender. Completely traditional and completely diff from anything I'd ever buy. Who knew I liked traditional? You can't tell a thing about color, but it has a cheerful holiday vibe, and it may be a keeper.



I'll keep y'all posted on how it all turns out and might even invite you over to sit around on my rug.

Just kidding. I don't like company. Just enjoy the picture,  y'all.

2 comments:

KJ said...

LMBO! @ Just kidding. I don't like company. Just enjoy the picture, y'all.

I feel you.

breathtakin1 said...

i knew it was a joke, inviting people over. I think you put something in my drink the last time I was there so I wouldnt remember the way back to your house.