Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rise and Whine

I am a genius at finding reasons to stay in bed in the mornings. I try to outsmart myself with tactics like putting the alarm clock across the room so that I have to actually get up to turn it off. That worked for about three days before I realized that if I just keep my eyes closed, I never actually wake up. 

This morning, I got up with the alarm at 7 a.m. but then, I decided that I could lay down again while the water warmed up in the bathroom. The water ran for an hour while I slept. Help me, please.

Also, I have old lady feet. And before you all try to convince me otherwise, tell me that my feet are fine, just take a look at this:

See? Old Lady. (Wait, why is it so quiet. Why aren’t you all trying to convince me otherwise? You agree with me, don’t you?)

Part of the problem is that I’m having a tiny problem with my ankle. It’s nothing major, but the treatment makes my feet swell and I’m forced to wear flats while it gets worked out. 

The result? Old lady feet. And since I was not prepared to deal with this, I don’t own any cute flats that aren't flip flops. 

I guess that means these foots are made for shopping this weekend. But not until after I host an Easter Egg hunt at my house (cause that’s what old ladies do, even when they don’t have kids). 

P.S. Do old ladies get a discount at the nail salon?

Happy Resurrection Weekend, y'all.

EDITOR'S NOTE: For the reader who wondered, the green carpet is at my work not my house. Though I can understand why you'd make the assumption, given the old lady feet on top of it.

3 comments:

The Lanier Family said...

I think you have old lady shoes not feet my dear. Sharper image sells an alarms with this vibrating disc that you put under your pillow. So as the extremely loud alarm goes off your pillow vibrates too. :) Or just sleep in honey you deserve it!

KJ said...

This is hilarious!! Not the old lady shoe thing...but how you never want to get out of bed! That is SO me!!! I figured out if I get up and begin my morning the first time the alarm goes off, then I'm not sleepy...but if I snooze it and try to get up even 10 minutes later I am SOOOO TIRED!! Of course that still doesn't make me get up though. :-/ I'll even get up, go to the restroom then get back in bed. LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Um...I've found going to bed and getting at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep instead of trying on jewelry, and cleaning until the wee hours of the morning, helps you feel rested and rise a little easier.