Friday, April 10, 2009

10 things about me you probably never cared to know


1. I secretly wish I had been named Diane, rather than Shemika.
2. My family never calls me Shemika; they call me “Shug” (short for sugar) or “Sistah.”
3. When I was 6 or 7, my brothers once invited me to play Hide and Seek and then never came to find me. I hid for hours (okay, maybe 20 minutes)!
4. My grandparents’ real names are Avery Lee and Ivory Lee. That was a match made in heaven!
5. I have a mole on the inside of my right wrist. And one on the bottom of my foot.
6. I like to eat ranch dressing on sweet potato fries.
7. I talk to myself all the time.
8. I can’t pronounce the word “asked.”
9. My eyelashes have a painful tendency to grow in upside down, so I pull them out and have bald patches. (GB hates this habit).
10. I would love to own one of those stripper poles.

1 comment:

Lauren V. said...

re: 10: So that you could get that kind of workout except not as part of a birthday celebration?

I keep being tempted to buy those "exotic" dance exercise videos. Except I hate exercise videos, and definitely need an instructor to tell me when I'm doing something so daft that I'm negating the point of the exercise.