Monday, April 13, 2009

Resurrected and ready to go

Easter Weekend is hands-down my favorite holiday weekend. It’s the time spent with family and friends, tulips on sale at Kroger, permission to wear white, chewy gooey candy and—best of all—the story of the ultimate sacrifice made for me.

“And he hung his head and died…” That part gets me EVERY time. (Even while I write this.)

This past weekend was as nice as any I've ever had. Friday night, I had a rain-soaked burger dinner with one of my nearest and dearest and her mini-me, then stayed up late reading Oprah and eating sunflower seeds.

Saturday morning, I resurrected my kitchen doors (entry, pantry and laundry) with a fresh coat of Behr Premium Paint in White Snow. They’ve been looking dingy and grungy for months and my lovely Fabuloso just wasn’t getting the job done anymore.

I patted myself on the back with a big cup of Mickey D’s $1 sweet tea, some Lifetime TV and a long nap. Saturday night, I headed out to get a late dinner and ended up at AMC watching The Fast and the Furious 4 (welcome back, Vin Diesel!).

Sunday, I missed the Sunrise Service (Vin kept me up late), but I caught the 11 a.m. edition. I’m glad I did. The babies did an Easter play that had me cracking up in church. Big ole, deep belly guffaws. It was funny just because it wasn’t supposed to be.

Sunday afternoon, I resurrected my family ties and friendships ones with a big, ridiculous Easter dinner in Conyers. I ate way too much pound cake, then beat everybody at Phase 10 and headed home around 7 to get ready for the week.

With weekends like that one, those pesky little whirlwinds just don’t matter much at all.

No comments: